Five Q Employment Opportunity: Software Developer
About Five Q
Five Q is a full-service web development and interactive marketing agency service serving ministries and non-profits. We serve roughly 80 clients, spread throughout the United States, with a variety of needs ranging from regular web/interactive monthly work to one-off projects. Our growing team consists of highly motivated professionals in a distributed work environment. Learn more about us at www.fiveq.com.
About The Position
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer to work on our Python/Django projects. Our developers work on small to large, CMS-centric websites. This position focuses mostly on the “backend” code, although experience with “frontend” technology will be required. Technologies we use on a daily basis include Python, Django, Linux (mostly CentOS and Ubuntu), MySQL, PostgreSQL, memcache, celery, nginx, Apache, gunicorn, and Haystack/SOLR. We also use GeoDjango, Wowza, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, and other top-notch tools. Our primary source control system is git, although svn, bzr, and hg are not uncommon. Our developers use Mac OS X and Linux.
This position reports to the Director of Technical Services.
Duties & Responsibilities
Software Developer tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Help maintain, grow and improve existing codebases.
- Assist the setup and maintenance of servers. Although this is not a sysadmin role, we have a DevOps perspective on programming and systems.
- Occasionally maintain existing PHP code.
- Interact with clients to gather requirements and create estimates.
- Document processes and procedures as needed.
- Work with the team to review and improve best practices throughout the company.
- Five Q is a friendly, people-centric company. We are looking for a developer who is personable and can communicate well, especially in email and other written communication. We expect our team to be professional at all times, and provide outstanding customer service.
- Five Q is full of learners. We are looking for a developer who loves to learn and keep up with advancements in the industry.
- Five Q is a distributed company. We all work from home, and spend most of our time using online communication tools like Skype for regular inter-team communications on a daily basis. We are looking for a developer who works well in this type of environment.
- Five Q is driven yet humble. We are looking for a developer who is not only a go-getter, but also willing to share their knowledge and time with others.
- Five Q is hard working. We expect developers to work 40 to 45 hours per week and bill 35 hours a week to client work. We use Harvest (getharvest.com) to track
- Five Q is team-focused. We meet twice a year in person, and allow for travel to conferences and client meetings with other team members when needed.
- A B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or related degree.
- Demonstrated ability to develop interactive, database-driven websites with Django.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in computer programming.
- Experience with other programming languages and frameworks is a plus.
- Experience in marketing, ministries, non-profits, or business is a plus.
Salary & Benefits Package
- Salary based upon experience
- Reimbursement for Internet connection
- Insurance reimbursement available
- Other benefits include:
- Sick Leave (including for child care)
- SIMPLE IRA with employer match
- Family and Medical Leave
- Insurance Reimbursement
- Direct Deposit
- Professional Enrichment and Training
Overtime & Performance Bonuses
- A percent of company profits are paid back in bonuses at year end – divided among employees based on performance.
- 10% referral up to $500 payable to employee after project is completed.
- Ongoing referral bonus is available for referring scorecard clients.
If you are interested in this position, please let us know by signifying "job inquiry" on our contact form.